Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pregnancy Week 23: My feeling towards being a mom + Comfortable bra's during pregnancy

Hey Guys,


That's how our baby looks right now

Parenting:
I can't believe 23 weeks has flown by already. I have about 4 more months until I meet our little Topher. Since my due date is coming around sooner I started getting a little nervous. I'm also getting a little nervous about motherhood too. Especially after being with all 4 of my nephews this past weekend. It's a little scary to think that another human beings live is in my hands. I'm sure we all had moments when we said "When I have kids I'm not going to be like that to my kids" after getting into an argument with our parents. I just want to make sure our kids always feel like they can talk to us.  I not only want to be their parent but also a friend at times. Chris and I started talking about how we're going to raise our kids and we both agreed that we don't want to smother them but show them a lot of love and discipline them when it's needed. Also, we've made a commitment to not let our kids take over our lives. I want to make sure Chris is still my priority as well as our son. I don't want Chris to feel like I'm neglecting him and I wouldn't want to be neglected either. Chris and I are also going to take parenting classes that's taught through the word of God. One of my mentors teaches parents- to-be and I heard so many great things from people who took the class. Her kids are wild because that's how kids are but they also listen to their parents very well. They also sleep exactly at 8:30 pm which is awesome. They never sleep with their parents and sleep in their own room which is what I want as well. It teaches how to train our kids from the beginning so that it's healthier for both the parents and kids in the future. It'll also help us as a couple. Thinking about parenting really makes me lean on God more and more. I know Chris and I would not be able to get through it without his guidance. I trust and pray that God will continually work with us so that we can be a great parent and a friend to our children.

Our baby right now:
I read today that Topher's sense of movement is now well developed so our baby can feel me dance now. The blood vessels in his lungs are developoing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that our baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for the outside world. The baby should be the size of a mango which is about 11 inches long and just over 1lb. Our baby was about 1lb on week 20 so I'm assuming he'll be a little bigger then that now. Everyone's been saying that my tummy is getting gignormous. Then again I'm only 5'0" tall so at this point any type of belly would look extremely huge. My morning sickness has been coming back lately which kind of sucks. Some people say it can be because Topher is moving around a lot which is giving me motion sickness. I'm just praying that Topher is developing well and he's healthy.

This is Chris and I @ Mammoth this past weekend with my family.
Week 22 and 6 days
Maternity Bra:
I've read not to buy maternity bra's too early in the pregnancy because our boob size will continually grow. So, I was holding off on it for a while but all the bra's I currently owned were getting too comfortable. I would feel like I was getting indigestion because my bra was too tight. So, I was on a hunt to buy something incredibly comfortable. I wanted something with no wire, full coverage, and extremely comfortable.
I went to Motherhood and tried on a few bra's but I didn't like them too much. It didn't feel too comfortable and it was more for nursing. I tried victoria secret but they're bit pricey for a bra I'll only wear for a few months. Then I decided to try Target and found one that I liked which is pictured below. It wasn't too expensive and it was comfortable. I liked how it had no wire but provided support. It doesn't have any type of padding so I used thin pads that comes with my swimming suit for coverage.

Stella Nursing & Maternity Bra from Target

I also needed a strapless bra especially since it's summer time and I'm wearing a lot of tanktops. I saw some bandeau's as Target and thought it was perfect. Bandeau's are wireless and extremely comfortable. I used  thin pads from my swimming suit for support as well. I wear this almost everyday. You can get white bandeau's at Target, Urban outfitters, and most clothing stores. You can be creative and get colorful one's to make it more fashionable under your garments like the picture below.


White Bandeau (similar to the one I have)

Black & White Bandeau (http://www.mikkatmarket.com/)
Looks great under garments to add some fun to your outfit

http://www.mikkatmarket.com/


Hope you guys all have a great week!

Love,
Sandy Choi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave wonderful comments. Hope to hear from you again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...